Chad Prentice is a founder/partner of the law offices of Maho & Prentice, LLP, located in Santa Barbara, California and has been practicing law for 19 years. His practice is in the area of civil ligation, primarily focused on representing plaintiffs in personal injury, premises liability, product liability, and employment litigation. Since its inception in 2004, the law firm of Maho & Prentice, LLP has obtained verdicts and settlements for its clients in excess of $28 Million.
Mr. Prentice's background includes many years as primary litigation counsel for several Fortune 100 companies throughout California. He is a former member of ABOTA, having tried approximately 30 civil jury trials to verdict.
Mr. Prentice is currently an elected board member for the Hope Elementary School District in Santa Barbara, California. He previously served for many years as vice president on the board for Cornerstone House, a non-profit home for developmentally disabled children and young adults. He is active in the community, coaching basketball for the Page Youth Center and YMCA, soccer for AYSO and baseball at Goleta Valley Little League, and serving two years on the local PTA.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
- California, 1994
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1994
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 1994
- University of California, Santa Barbara, California
- B.A. - 1990
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Abota, 2000 to 2007
- Chamber of Commerce, 2009
- Hope Elementary School, Board Member, 2008
- Hope Elementary School, Past President of the Board, 2011
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Executive committee for Royal Pride Foundation for San Marcos High School Foundation, 2014-2015
- Vice President, Board for Cornerstone House