Helping Motorcycle Accident Victims
When you have been injured in a motorcycle collision, your first concern must be to recover from your injuries. Yet, a motorcycle accident requires quick investigation to preserve the facts and get you the help you need. At Maho Prentice, LLP, our motorcycle accident attorneys know the dangers of riding the California roadways, as well as the complex legal intricacies of motorcycle-related claims.
After A Motorcycle Accident
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident:
- Immediately contact the local police authorities to file an auto collision report. The faster you file this report, the more facts and fewer errors will be documented. This will help ascertain the party at fault.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident until you have gathered all of the necessary contact information from all occupants and witnesses.
Always Collect These Five Things
- Names, phone numbers, addresses and email addresses of all occupants and witnesses
- Location of the crash
- Photos of the accident scene and all vehicles involved
- Company name, policy number and phone number for other insurance companies
- If emergency services respond: police report number, phone number, officer name and badge number
Passengers Injured On Motorcycles
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcycles riders are 28 times more likely to die in a crash or be seriously burned in a fuel system leak. If you are the victim of a motorcycle crash contact an experienced personal injury attorney.
Failing To See Motorcyclists
Automobile drivers may cause or contribute to motorcycle crashes when they fail to see the motorcyclist or when they don’t observe traffic laws when motorcycles are present. In a study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 75 percent of motorcycle accidents involved crashes involving cars or other vehicles.
Other causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Inattentive drivers
- Road hazards and defects
- Vehicle defects
- Left-turn collisions
- Poor communication
- Distracted driving
- Inexperienced or unlicensed motorcycle operators
- Impaired vision from lack of eye protection
Your Injuries May Be Severe
Motorcyclists know they take a calculated risk whenever they get on a bike. Following the traffic laws and recommended safety precautions only mitigates risk, however even when you follow all of the rules serious injuries can still result. Maho Prentice, LLP, motorcycle accident lawyers help innocent victims of motorcycle accidents recover damages for:
- Physical and psychological injury
- Pain, suffering and disfigurement
- Wrongful death
- Loss of income, now and in the future
- Loss of spousal support
- Medical expenses, now and in the future
We won over $30 million in settlements and verdicts for personal injury victims. We know the road to recovery after an accident can be long, and we’re here to show you the way. Call us any time at 805-962-1930 or email us today for a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer. Serving Southern California in Santa Barbara. Evening and weekend appointments available. We can also come to you. Our phones are staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Also available in Spanish.